Wednesday, February 9, 2011

T'was the night before........

It is almost midnight and I just finished drinking a protein shake. Strange, huh? Well, I'm not supposed to eat anything after midnight and I just worked out a little bit ago. I couldn't shut off the voice inside my head that said I'm not going to be able to workout for a couple of weeks. So, I dragged myself out of bed and did a little workout tape--just like the old days. : )

Well, my emotions have held up quite well today. The only time I cried was when a dear friend came to church and prayed for me. It was so calming and peaceful and I felt such a peace come over me. It was so touching and just what I needed! She definitely has the gift of prayer. She prays boldly and with such sincere care for others. What a wonderful example!

I have tried not to think too much about tomorrow and in fact, I've limited who I talk to today. I'm not sure why, but I just haven't wanted to talk about it today. I'm not having second thoughts, I think the more I talk about it, the more the reality of the recovery (i.e. pain) fills my mind. And lately, I get a little nauseous every time I think too much about it--which makes me a little nervous. Ok, I have to stop thinking about it or this protein shake will do me no good tonight!!

My kids are excited to spend time with their auntie and cousins which is the best! I feel such a peace about my kids being with my sister. Thank God for amazing sisters! It can make such a difference-especially when you are going through something like this. She has also agreed to keep up the blog while I am out of commission. She will update how I am feeling right after surgery or so.

Thanks again for the encouragement and love. I have such amazing friends and family!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything went well! Please update us when your feeling better

    ReplyDelete