Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Drains are out!!

This was a wonderful day! Ok, it didn't start out great--I got hit in the chest twice by my little 3 year old while trying to get him dressed and the tears started flowing, but it sure got better as the day went on. My sister came over once she heard I was in tears (so sweet) and played with Brady and also cleaned a bit. : ) I was able to relax and rest. She sure is taking good care of me and my kids!

We had an appointment to see the PS at 1:30 and I wasn't sure if I would get the drains out. Sure enough, I was ready! I exposed my chest and drains and moments later, he was pulling the drains out. I was warned that it might sting or pull a bit, but it would be fast. First one--fast, easy and didn't even hurt. The second one, not the same. I actually thought he dropped the scissors on my breast........ and then came the sting and pain. Wow, that one caught me off guard! Hours later, I felt much better. I think my nap helped with that too. Amazing how that short outing knocked me out. I was exhausted. Thankfully my amazing friend took the boys most of the afternoon and I was able to take care of myself.

I have this new sense of freedom--no more stripping the tubes and measuring fluids, no more awkward showers, no more lumpy sweatshirts (that will strictly be from my own bad eating) and no more pain under my arms. I can reach higher and will start to increase my movement, but still limit major movements and exercises. He told me I can't run for a couple more weeks and I laughed. I can't even imagine doing that. It still hurts to breath deep and even walk fast. BUT I do feel like things are really going to get better this week! I am thrilled.

Good news- the pathology report came back and it is negative. The BS said she didn't see anything during the surgery, but this was the final say. Yipppee!

Next step: See the BS next week and in 2 weeks, back to the PS to start my fills.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Congrats on being drain free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Tammy! Thank you for the update. I am sorry someone hit you and you can't hit them back. Can you hit Brian? Just kidding....Love, Cora

    ReplyDelete