Monday, January 10, 2011

One Month and Counting

Well, I have hit the countdown. One month from today, I will be at the hospital with Brian, hopefully recovering nicely with hardly any pain (a girl can hope).

The reality of the surgery has started to settle in as I start to make plans for the kids while I'm at the hospital and after I'm home. It makes me a little anxious, but I know it will all work out. Thank God for my sister. When you can't have your mom, your sister is a sweet second best!! It has also started to sink in that I might not be up and running around a week after my surgery. I've been playing it my head that I'll be fine after a week and back to normal activity minus the lifting and stretching........oh, and working out (still a sore subject). BUT I am starting to rethink it all. After a quick conversation with my sister, I realized I better give myself a little more time to recover and not push it too fast. This will be hard for me, but I think I'll have many friends and family that will remind me. : )

The one thing I'm reminded of as I start this whole process is how wonderful my family and friends are. Brian has been very encouraging and supportive during the dr. appointments, my random thoughts about surgery, my sad days, and decisions that have to be made. I have also received so much support from others about my decision and offers for help with the boys and food. I'm pleasantly surprised and I don't really know why. I know I have awesome friends, but I guess still thought people would judge me for making such a drastic decision. And wow, have I changed that thought! I'm so blessed with such amazing, loving and caring friends and family. That is exactly what will get me through this whole procedure.

Next step in this process (and I have pages of instructions before surgery): Get a physical by my family physician (who I haven't seen in YEARS!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy, Thank you very much for creating this blog. I am late to the scene, but thankful that the scene exists. It's a privilege to hear your thoughts and feelings. Good luck with the surgery. I am sure it is scary, but I know that you can do it! If you need to talk, I'm here! Love, Cora

    ReplyDelete