Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gone Too Soon

Today I attended a funeral of a Wooddale mother who died too young. She was only 49 years old and battled breast cancer for 3 years. She leaves behind a husband and 2 children- 1st and 3rd grade. It breaks my heart imagining these children trying to understand why their mom isn't here anymore--especially such a strong woman of God. Thank goodness they have a strong faith in God and are trusting and relying on HIm to get them through this hard time. The celebration was a wonderful tribute to the powerful legacy she leaves behind for her children, family and friends.

Of course, attending funerals brings back such tender moments and I relive the emotions of losing a mom. I cried just thinking of these sweet kids and the day they said goodbye to their mom-holding her hand, hugging her and crying together. It is all too real and vivid. I also sit and think, "I don't want this to be me". It hit me today exactly why I'm having this surgery. I want to do what I can so I don't have to say goodbye to my kids because a horrible disease took my life.........and one that I could have done something about with the information I have. I feel very confident in taking the first step in fighting for my life and health and the many years I want to have with my family.

Happy New Year! May this be a year that we stop and spend meaningful time with the ones we love!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very proud of you Tammy. I do think you should consider writing. You have a natural talent and you have so much to share.

    ReplyDelete