Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting closer.

Well, a lot has happened in the "boobs of steal" world for me. Last week, I only added 25cc's to each side (this was recommended since the prior week was so horrible) and I had a great week. In fact, I ran the night of my injection and I hadn't done that in about 6 weeks. It was wonderful. Unfortunately, I spent the next day dealing with some soreness, but it was good for my mental health. I ran another time that week and even did my first fitness class. Things were pretty good UNTIL........

Yesterday. I went in for another injection and realized that I have to wait 8 weeks in between my last injection and my exchange surgery and I don't want these expanders in during the summer. So, I decided to go back to 50cc's. MISTAKE! Last night, after taking a pain pill, a muscle relaxant and then 2 alleve, I finally got a couple hours of sleep. It seriously felt like there was a war in my chest. I had sharp pains in my chest and in my arms all night long. No matter what I did I was miserable. I finally sat in a chair and tried to sleep (while I cried). Not a good night.

Today is one of those days when lack of sleep and soreness get the best of my mental state. I want to rip these foreign objects out of my body that make me look like someone who has balloons shoved into her clothes (except much harder!). It makes me want to sleep all day--if only it felt good to do it. Seriously, I love sleeping, but lately I dread it. Usually by Saturday it feels much better, but let me tell you......this exchange surgery can't come fast enough. AHHHHHH! Fortunately, some of my jeans don't fit, so I'm trying hard to control my eating--although my initial thought is to eat until the pain is gone. : ) Ok, I'll stop complaining.

My husband did bring flowers home for me tonight and we went out to dinner, so I didn't need to cook and clean up dinner. The day definitely ended on a good note.

Next Step: Thursday I meet with the plastic surgeon and hopefully get my LAST injection. I am getting closer......

2 comments:

  1. So do you have a date yet for your exchange surgery? How many cc's are you at now? hope the pain has subsided more for you :( {{{{{hugs}}}}} it will all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn,

    I'm praying my surgery will be right at the beginning of summer- 1st week of June. BUT I have to meet with the PS this Thursday. I only have 375 cc's right now (and I feel like they are going to burst), but I want to be a full B, so we'll see what he says. It is interesting how it all changes as I feel so miserable the longer this goes on. I don't think my chest will stretch much more. I'm sure you felt the same way. I'm just looking forward to the day I can sleep comfortably. I probably only have 4 months until that!!
    How are you doing? I keep checking to see if you've updated your blog. I'm telling you--I've learned a lot from your blog. IT has been so helpful. Hope you are doing well!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete