Thursday, March 10, 2011

Four Weeks Post-Op

It is hard to believe it has been 4 weeks since my surgery (somedays it feels even longer)! Yesterday I went in for my second injection. I assumed it would be about the same as last week, but I was quickly reminded that nothing is the same (that's a loaded statement). Unfortunately, my breasts are doing their own thing--one is filling nice and neat and another one is filling high and makes life uncomfortable. This is normal and just due to how different our bodies are. So, as we chatted about how much she'd put in, she wanted me to be comfortable for my dad's wedding and stuck with 50cc's. At first I thought, "Come on, let's get this thing done." But after she filled my whacked out side, she went to the other side and it was SCREAMING as she put the saline in. It was tight and full! I am so thankful that she knows what she is doing. I can't imagine what I'd feel like if we had squeezed more saline in.

So, I walk around with rocks on my chest and no skip in my step. I have been given a little more freedom to add things back in......slowly. Of course, today I don't even feel like walking. By 6 weeks I should be able to do everything again--even run. We'll see how that goes.

This weekend is a big weekend. My dad is getting married. Of course, I love my dad and want him to be happy, but there is still a sadness. I know it will be weird to watch him commit his life to someone else and vow to love her. This is just another step in the process, but it also feels like another step in forgetting our mom. Please don't worry, my brain knows that my memories are all there, but my heart is what feels sad. I know the day will be fine, but it will be a hard one. Enough about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment