Sunday, August 28, 2011

I have made a decision

It is hard to believe it has been 3 months since my exchange surgery. Things are great. I love that I don't have to wear a bra if I don't want to and that things are smooth--can't really see my scars anymore. It has taken a while to get used to my new body--like if I do push-ups or pull-ups my boobs go flat. It is quite bizarre looking. My friend and I had a good laugh at the club last week. Oh the little things that make me giggle now.

Well, I have made a decision........and it wasn't easy. I called to make an appointment to have the tattooing done and the next thing I knew, I was making an appt. to have my nipples done too. I guess you have to do the nipples first and then the tattooing. So as I sat on the phone with the PS office, "Ok, let's just do it" flew out of my mouth. Let me tell you, I've gotten so used to not having them that I don't care or even want them, but I do think my husband was happy that I made the appointments. Sometimes it is so easy to get focused on yourself that you don't think of others. And don't get me wrong, my husband is the best and supports me in whatever decisions I make, but I have to admit........I kinda did this one for him. I do want him to find me attractive--right down to the concocted nipples on my chest. Ha!! I really enjoy not worrying about the whole getting cold in a swimsuit or shirt. It has been so nice, but I do understand that it does look a little different not to have them. And although I've come to terms with it all, it won't hurt to get them back. Let's just hope they don't look too funny or stick out too far. UGH!

So, as I get used to the idea of having to go back to the hospital again, I am glad I will get this whole process complete by the year 2012. I'm ready to be done with this all and just live.......with no regrets!!!

I will update you after my mini-procedure on September 9. Is it weird to ask you to pray for my new nipples? he-he.

No comments:

Post a Comment