Monday, June 13, 2011

Second surgery- check

It has been a couple of days since my surgery and things are going well. I still feel a little sore and have some pain if I don't take Advil or a pain pill. I am sore in the middle of my chest which seems strange. And I sneezed today and.......OUCH!! But I do have normal armpits again. Oh, the small things that I"m thankful for. It has been 4 months since I've been able to properly shave them or even see them. It seems strange to have them back.

I had surgery on Friday morning and was home by Friday afternoon. My PS said everything went well, so I am feeling ok about the surgery. This surgery was much different than the first one and although I knew what to expect (sort of) I was still a little nervous. I think the idea of this being the final surgery and that I better like the outcome was a lot of pressure. I did feel a little anxious when we arrived so I was going to the bathroom every few minutes. And yes, I did that embarrassing thing...I peed on my hospital gown and had to grab the corner of pee and walk back to my room and ask for a new gown. Always fun to do!! I was definitely ready for some drugs at that point.

I did like that I walked into the operating room and was able to see what the room looked like and who would be in there. I jumped on the table and in full-service sort of fashion, I had a cuff on my arm and my legs and had an i.v. in my other arm. I laughed at how busy the room was and how many people I had working on my different appendages. And then I passed out. Luckily I don't remember anything past that.

I woke up in a recovery station and was given some yummy saltines and a pain pill. Once that kicked in they took me to a private room where I met Brian and we heard 24 hour care instructions. Pretty easy and simple. It almost seemed too quick to go home. I got another pill and I was wheeled down to our car. I have taken a couple of days to rest and take care of myself. I'm ready for the swelling to be down and to see what these babies are really going to look like. They say it takes 2 weeks for them to take shape. Ugh! It seems like it never ends.

Well, I'm happy this step is over and look forward to looking "normal" in shirts again. I no longer have rock-hard boobs in my armpits. Yippppeeee!! No regrets, but I"m glad it is done!!

1 comment:

  1. wow I can't believe you already had your exchange! feels like just yesterday you were asking questions about you PBM. Man does time fly! I am at 12 weeks now since the exchange and I was told by 12 weeks that will be the final look and feel. Congrats and welcome to the All Done CLub!

    ReplyDelete