Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Waiting Game

Well, we met with the plastic surgeon about two weeks ago and things are on there way. After our initial introduction, he told me to put on the gown and he'd be back. Well, he forgot to mention that he'd be brining in his assistant to take pictures of my chest.....and my face so she "could recognize me by my face and not just my chest". Ha! Like my chest would leave that kind of impression on someone. : ) It was kind of strange, as I stepped into an adjoining room set up for pictures and disrobed in front of a stranger and my husband in the next room watching. Just a little weird. I wish I would have known about the pictures. I would have had perfect posture to make sure no one saw the lines from my stomach folds. Oh, the things you think about.

After a long and thorough conversation about the operations, options and details, we were on our way. I liked him. We made him laugh which is a good sign. He told me this was a smart move and again, I felt encouraged by my decision. I do have a lot of decisions to make- do I keep my nipples (another interesting conversation), do I do a one-step or multiple surgeries, etc. At this point, I want someone to tell me what to do (because they know best) and I will do it.

I have decided to stay in MN for the surgery. I threw around the idea of traveling to NY to have it done in one-step at the same place my cousin had it done, but I think I need to be home. I want to be surrounded by family and friends and I don't think I could be away from my boys for that long. In fact, I have a feeling this surgery will bring a lot of feelings out and I just might need the support of family and friends.

Now we wait. The plastic surgeon sent a letter to our insurance company and now we wait to see if they will approve it. If they do, we will schedule the surgery for their earliest appointment available, which is in February now. I want to get in as soon as possible so we only have to pay our deductible once for all of the surgeries. This whole process/surgeries could take up to a year.....I hope not though. And now we wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment